Gather with Church and Ministry Leaders as well as Donors to gather learn and exchange ideas about Cultivating Generosity, raising funds and inspiring Legacy Giving.
Registration and Networking begins at 8:30 AM. Conference speakers and workshops run 9:30 AM until 3:30 PM.
Location: Calvary Community Church, 5495 Via Rocas Westlake Village, Ca 91362
Cost: $49 / person
Announcing This Year's Keynote Speaker Michele Telfer
Michele was born in Africa where she and her husband, after living a life far from God, became committed followers of Jesus. Michele first began teaching Bible classes in Botswana. Within a few years of moving to the United States, Michele was teaching hundreds of students in multiple bible groups in Southern California. Now Michele is invited to speak around the globe. Michele is the founder of Michele Telfer Ministries as well as In The Word Ministries. She has formed these 501(c)(3)'s and has developed effective relationship approaches in Donor Development to support the rapid growth of her ministry.
Hear from Michele as she shares her experiences as she challenges you to value the partnership between your ministry and your donors using biblical teaching as validation.
- What can your mission bring to your donors?
- Who is the donor really donating to?
- What is most valuable to God?
- How important is the ministry-donor relationship and why?
Hear two panel discussions from Donors and Ministry leaders on how they approach fund raising and giving. Workshops will be packed with information to help you build a culture of generosity, discover the potential in Legacy Giving, and more!
This is a MUST ATTEND OPPORTUNITY to interact with inspired and seasoned fundraisers and active donors!
$49 fee INCLUDES a Box Lunch and light snacks. Discounts for 2 or more per registration. Discounts taken at checkout.
2018 Grant Recipient Updates
Educational scholarships at the University for these young Ugandan women.
Empowering Lives International
Providing life skills for these women who are no longer brewing and selling illegal alcohol
Community Pregnancy Clinic
A nurse was trained to use obstetrical Ultrasound to detect life!
Donations now being received for the 2019 Grant Program
Please consider supporting worthy organizations like these!
Cultivating Generosity Grant Program
Congratulations to the 2018 Grant Recipients!
A record $55,000 was awarded to 11 ministries covering areas such as foster care, child trafficking, health care, homelessness, transitional living, education, rehabilitation, pastor care and more. Out of a very difficult field of well qualified applicants, the following eleven nonprofit agencies received grants this year:
- Buyamba, Thousand Oaks, California
- Community Pregnancy Clinic, Simi Valley, California
- James Storehouse, Newbury Park, California
- Care Net, Lancaster California
- City Center Transitional Living, Ventura California
- Empowering Lives International, Upland California
- Pastors Discipleship Network, Oxnard California
- Union Rescue Mission, Los Angeles California
- Baycities Lomita, Lomita California
- Forgotten Children, Inc., Long Beach California
- Global Training Network, Glendale Arizona
All the grant recipient agencies are located within the service area of Christian Foundation of the West and were selected according to established grant criteria.
Thank you donors & supporters for making this possible!
The 2018 “Let Your Light Shine” Grant Banquet was a wonderful celebration!
This year’s grant program mark’s our 4th year with a total of over $190,000 given away!
We look forward to celebrating with you again next year!
Cultivating Generosity Conference 2017
CULTIVATING GENEROSITY One Day Leadership Development Conference For Donors & Ministries
Great Day for Learning & Networking
This Fall’s Cultivating Generosity Conference brought together leaders from dozens of ministry and charity organizations for a day focused on best practices in raising resources, deepening relationships with donors and funders and sharing heartfelt stories about the great work they are doing. We met old and new friends from our region who are making a difference for our communities!
Are You Looking For Ways To Increase Resources From Donor Gifts?
Attend this 1 day event to hear how Donor Development, Ministry / Charity Capacity Building, and Generosity / Legacy Initiatives can drive increased current and future gifts to support your church, ministry organization, or charitable organization.
KeyNote address by Christy Vines, Adjunct Senior Fellow, American Security Project & sought-after expert on issues of religion & national security.
Christy was Executive Director at the Institute for Global Engagement, Center for Women, Faith and Leadership, and Project Manager for RAND. Christy is currently advising LA based Nehemiah's Project - a Faith Based collaboration for young adults emerging from Foster Care. Christy will speak about the value of "Engagement" in fundraising and donor relations.
This is a "must attend" event for Executive Directors, Senior Pastors, Stewardship Pastors, Board, Fundraisers, & Donors!
• Donors we have added a track for you by popular demand! Learn more effective ways to allocate giving dollars, how to understand how charities manage for accountability, and how you can leave a legacy.
• Ministry Organizations small and large should attend. Practical tools will be shared that can be put into practice right away!
• Ministry Organizations - Bring your Team! Also invite Key Donors!! This will be a great day for relationship building.
What You'll Learn From This Seminar:
Attend this powerful 1 Day Conference to learn from experts in fundraising, donor development and generosity prinicples!
- Ministry Panel will share challenges and opportunities with donor cultivation and fund raising.
- Donor Panel will share perspectives on giving. Why they give and when charities inspire greater gifts!
- Breakout Workshops will cover increasing a culture of generosity, the"NEW Annual Fund" and popular planned gifts, trends and successes in on-line fundraising, grant writing, creative giving ideas popular with donors, and more!
Fee (Includes Chick-Fil-A Box Lunch): $48 per person. Two from same organization is $44 each. 3 or more $42 each. Bring your team!!
Participating organizations are encouraged to bring information materials. There will be display tables and lots of opportunity to meet and network with each other!